Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Power of Music


In college, I considered a degree in Music Therapy, but the required "medical classes" with all the math and science requirements led me down another path!

Music is such a powerful and often under-utilized tool.  Over the past few months, I've tried to utilize the power of music more in our home.  With all the technology available today, it's so easy to have inspiring and uplifting music filling our home.  I have watched the mood in our home change almost instantly, as I change the music in our home.  We can go from chaotic and loud, to subdued and reverent in moments (well, pretty much :)).  I have also watched whiny grumpy kids happily and excitedly start doing their assigned chores when I put their favorite music on!

It's a fun experiment, give it a try!